Become BMR Certified
RETAKE Certification Exam
The BMR Certification Exam can be scheduled around a BMR seminar, retreat or a separate time that is arranged between you and Jonathan. To schedule, contact Jonathan.
The BMR Certification Exam
Prerequisites: Completion of All Six BMR Training Courses
The certification exam is administered by Jonathan Tripodi, founder of the BMR Approach. Once you have completed all six levels of practitioner training, you can apply to take the certification exam. Jonathan will review with you the results of your exam. If you score 85% or higher, you will receive the credentials of “BMR Certified”. A Certificate of with this title will be issued to you, authorized by the founder of BMR – Jonathan Tripodi and Body Memory Recall, Inc. If you score below 85%, you will have the option to retake those portions of the exam that need improvement. Retakes are typically scheduled at another time and date.
The exam consists of two parts:
- The Written Exam: You have 1.5 hours to complete this portion.
- The Practical Hands-On Exam: You have 1.0 hrs to complete this portion.
The exam will test your knowledge, hands on proficiency and help identify specific needs for improvement. The instructor will provide you with feedback on your evaluation and treatment skills. It is his intention to help you successfully achieve a high level of proficiency in the treatment of body memory and the distinctive credentials of “BMR Certified”.
Benefits of Becoming BMR Certified
- Distinction: Becoming BMR certified is a distinction between those who have taken BMR training and those who have demonstrated expertise and knowledge in the application of the BMR Approach. The BMR Certified title can be used on all your marketing material and is given special distinction on the BMR Practitioner Directory located on Jonathan’s Freedom from Body Memory website.
- Teaching Assistant: Additional benefits include being a BMR Teaching Assistant. When BMR courses have 14 or more students, Jonathan recruits teaching assistants from his pool of BMR Certified practitioners. Assistant Teaching Instructors have expressed that assisting classes took their knowledge and expertise of BMR to a whole new level. Plus, its FUN! You get to commune and share your knowledge and wisdom with people from all over the world who are awakening to Body Memory Transformation for the first time.
Scheduling the Certification Exam
An individual must schedule to take the certification exam. Exam dates can be scheduled the day before or after any already scheduled BMR training seminar. Check the seminar calendar on this page to see what seminar location is nearest you. Questions or concerns regarding scheduling may be directed to Jonathan.
All Upcoming BMR Training Seminar Events:
Introduction to Body Memory
dates to be announced
Unwinding Body Memory
March 29-31: Timmins, ON
May 17-19: Youngsville, PA
Twists & Turns
dates to be announced
to be announced
dates to be announced
to be announced
Sedona Journey Retreat
Oct 9-12: Sedona, AZ
The Written Exam
The written exam consists of 80 questions and three case studies designed to evaluate your knowledge on the following topics below. You will be given 1.5 hours to complete this exam.
- The Anatomy & Function of the Living Matrix
- The Anatomy & Function of the Cranial Sacral System
- The Anatomy & Function of the Myofascial System
- The Anatomy & Function of the Digestive Organs
- Myofascial Release Techniques
- Cranial Sacral Techniques
- Visceral Techniques
- Unwinding Techniques
- How Body Memory Develops
- The Physical & Psychological Effects of Body Memory
- The Four Stages of Body Memory Transformation
- The Hands on BMR protocol
- Therapeutic Dialogue
- Using BMR to Treat Postural Dysfunction, Pain & Stress Conditions
- Causes & Effects of Myofascial, Meningeal and Visceral restrictions
- Indications & Contraindications to BMR including indications for referral
The BMR Practical Exam
The practical exam takes 60 minutes and consists of two parts. Part one, you will perform a visual and hands on evaluation of a mock client. Part two, you will perform 4-5 BMR techniques on the instructor. The instructor will evaluate you on the following:
- Visual evaluation of postural asymmetries
- Hands on tissue and joint evaluation noting areas of protective holding & fascial restriction
- Evaluation of the body’s epicenters
- Alignment of the pelvis & leg length discrepancies
Effective Use of Dialogue
Application of the BMR Protocol
- Gradual pressure & stretch
- Maintaining pressure & stretch at barriers without force
- Following body memory unwinding
- Still point Induction
- Body mechanics
Evaluation & Feedback
After scoring your exam, the instructor will point out your strengths and areas that need improvement. If you score 85% or more, you will receive a certificate from the BMR Organization signed by the founder, Jonathan Tripodi, that authenticates you as BMR Certified.
If you score below 85% on the exam, you will be given the opportunity to retake those portions of the exam that you need to improve. Retakes must be scheduled for another day other than your original test day.
Resources to Simplify your Sedona Travel Planning
BMR Training Policy: Training in Body Memory Recall does not provide you with a hands-on license. Practitioners must abide by the rules and/or laws that govern healthcare practices in their area and expertise and work within the professional scope of their license.
Cancellation Policy: Your registration fee is fully refundable up to 30 days prior to a seminar or retreat minus a $50 processing fee. Cancellations made inside of 30 days are not refundable but transferable to another seminar or retreat at any time in the future. Cancellation requests must be made in writing.